Saturday, July 19, 2014

Letter to Silas- 4 Months

Silas-

My sweet baby boy. You have been such an incredible addition to our family. God knew exactly what gifts to give you to weave you perfectly into the fabric of our family. You are patient, laid-back, easy-going and happy. You always have been.

In the hospital, the nurses kept telling us how calm you were. They were so impressed. You took everything that came your way in stride. This continued after you got home. From the start, you slept really well (which is NOT something we can say for your big brother, but we all have our own gifts). We had parties at midnight and 3am almost every night, but you have never been up more than twice between 9pm and 6am... and, drum roll, you have even slept through the night about a dozen times. You have always been happy to roll to your side and fall right asleep on your own, which means that we are not fighting you to fall back asleep if you do wake up. I am not surprised, that is just your nature. "Alright. If you want me to sleep mom, I'll give it a try."

You are such a happy boy. We have done Physical Therapy with Miss C every other week for your  Torticollis and she says you are a bright spot in her day, if not week. You are happy to meet new people and have developed the most infectious giggle :) I think you will be more cautious than your big brother is/was, though. You will startle after loud noises (which you dad and I think is hilarious, because your brother only has one volume) and look to us for reassurance. I don't think you will be as quick to try any ride at the Mall of America, or run off to the church nursery without making sure we are still behind you.

Lets be honest, you came into the world with an almost 4-year-old brother who was not going to sit still for anything. So, you have learned to come with and enjoy the ride. From the week after you came home, you have been going on adventures with your brother, and you are so content to watch him and occasionally have a giggle with him. I am most excited to watch your bond with your bother grow, because as much as you are infatuated with him, I think that your big brother would go to the moon and back for you. When you are upset (which is about 8 minutes total out of each day) your brother can calm you down the quickest, and he has alway been willing to help us if it is something to do with you. Gosh, your lucky!!

You LOVE music. The first month of your life, we would put classical music on the radio and you would fall asleep or relax while you listened. You like it when I sing to you. You like it even better when I play piano for you, which is such a treat for me :) I hope that your love of music will continue as you grow older.

So much about you has changed in the first 4 months of your life (like sleeping 8-12 hours every night, rolling over, cutting 2 teeth, plowing through newborn, 3 and 6 month clothing, eating solid foods, giving up your pacifier and finding your thumb and so many more I can't remember). We cannot wait to see what the next 4 months will bring, though I am sure you will not make a big deal out of it.

We love you to the moon and back... All 3 of us!
Love, Mom (and Dad and Harry, too)







No comments:

Post a Comment