March 12th- 18th: Week 2 in the Gregory household was uneventful, which is fairly good when there is a newborn in the picture. Harrison still really likes his role of big brother, and has helped with numerous diapers and grabbing things from the nursery for us. He would say his most important role is making sure that Silas has his "mimi" or pacifier.
Silas has moved onto bottles, mixed with a little breast feeding. I reached the point where I do not produce as much as he wants to eat (which happened with Harrison, too, so I was not surprised). He had not been gaining as much as they wanted him to. So, now we are on to pumping and supplementing. We will see how long I keep that up for before I go crazy!! I know it is good for the little man.
On a sad note, Silas was unexpectedly able to meet a lot of my extended family at my grandma's funeral. Though she saw pictures, great-grandma Gerry never met her youngest great-grandchild in person. He was a fairly good hotel-goer, for a two-week old, and LOVED the fact that everyone wanted to hold him, since he is such a fan of cuddling :)
On Friday this week, he reached his birth weight again. So, he is back up to 9 lbs. 6 oz. He is still in newborn size clothes and diapers, which is just CRAZY to me. We had to go and buy both, since Harrison never wore clothes or diapers in that size. This little man is longer and leaner than his big brother was.
Harrison loves to rub Silas' hair. So sweet :)
Early morning faces!
Harrison has been putting stickers on Silas almost daily. I thought this one was super cute, and appropriate. Harry has been seeking more attention this week, so the fact that he put a don't forget about me sticker on little brother is hilarious.
We tried to talk Harry into going ice skating on a warm day. We bundled up to go and watch for a few minutes, but he changed his mind. It was still a cure picture.
We spent one day at grandma and grandpa's house.
Meeting aunt RaRa (Laura), and later uncle Steve.
Celebrating Harrison's new favorite day- St. Patrick's day! He could not believe there was a whole day that people celebrated by wearing GREEN!!






No comments:
Post a Comment