

August 14th- September 13th:
Food: Well, Harrison pretty much eats anything and everything this month. Not a lot new to report...
He has started to eat from a plate only. If we put it on his high chair tray, it is obviously not as good. He also likes to tell us "all done" and drop it off the side of his high chair. So, finding the balance between independence and washing the floor is always fun!
Lodging: We have been happy with the sleep patterns this month. Most nights, Harry sleeps through the night. If not, he is only up for a 1-minute diaper change, then back to bed. The nights where we fight the "you're thirsty, you can have water" battle are down to 1, maybe 2 a month. Which, some people would not take, but we are very happy to have!!
We had some opportunities for Harrison to sleep somewhere other than home when we went to my cousins' farm for the annual family reunion (which I will post soon). He did MUCH better than the trip to South Dakota....maybe he is just an old pro at it now. He took great naps, and slept well in the hotel room. I have a renewed faith in trying to travel on weekend trips with him. We are even hoping to plan a week-long family trip this summer :)
Transportation: What to say...he walks, he runs, he climbs (successfully on pretty much anything that he wants to), he falls, he gets up and repeats! He is pretty much a busy little boy.
Communication: Harrison has started talking up a STORM!!! His favorite word this month is most definitely car, which, of course, makes Bryan very happy. He points at cars on TV, on the road, in books, on magazine covers, in our driveway, in the parking lot, on his wall....EVERYWHERE!!! He is starting to tell the difference between car, truck or tractor, and is actually using the correct word.
The doctor asked me, at his 15 month appointment, how many words he knows. I said more than 20, but then I wrote down what I could remember, and I think he knows even more. I posted his word list separately, and I hope to add a video soon.
Apparel: As I try to find all the fall clothing he had last fall, I realize that Harrison has not grown much in height between April to now. This was actually reassuring. I think we are reaching the point where I don't necessarily have to buy a whole new size wardrobe each season. HOORAY!!! Now, I just have to dig out all the packed away jeans, and long sleeve shirts to get ready for cooler days.
Entertainment: While at Kyle and Christy's house, Harrison played with a Cozy Coupe for hours. When grandma and grandpa showed up a couple days later, they brought the car with them!!!! I can't even explain how fast he flung himself out of my arms, screaming "car"!!! So, obviously, many hours have been spent playing with his new Cozy Coupe. When not doing that, Harry loves to pretend that he is driving our actual cars. If we open the drivers door, he wants to crawl in and stand behind the steering wheel 'vrooming' and steering. He just figured out how to turn the lights on and off, so that is a whole new level of fun. Just think...in 14 years and a few months he will be able to legally drive.
I decided to make a list of the words we can say that Harrison knows, for sure. This is where his vocabulary was at about 15 months:
Hi
Woof Woof
Dada
Kitty
No
Ball
Mama
Baba
Shoes
Bye-Bye
Cheese
Grandpa
Close
Car
Truck
Tractor
Bunny
Boat
Keys
Grandma
Mimi (bink)
Bird
Lambie
Banana
Baby
Apple
Mow-Mow (mower)
Bug
Book
Horse
Bath
Bike
Oh No!
Milk
Milk
Monkey (AhAh)
Fish
EyeDuck
Train

Checking out the car...trying to figure out all it all works.
First tootsie pop!!
Spending the day with Jeremiah. Laura and I took the boys to IKEA...they were looking at the giant fans...ooooohhhh.
Big, tough, guy after his sots.


This is what happens when you let a 15 month old into the bathroom for any period of time. I saw him doing it, but the damage was done and I knew the pictures would be great!!
I thought these were one of the more fun snacks I purchased this summer, and apparently Harry did, too.I still have some great photos from our play date with Kaia, London and Sydney, but they are on grandma and grandpa's camera. So, I will get to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment