Harry-
We will start with the stats from your doctors appointment:
32.5 inches tall (which was the same as last appointment, so they figure you got measured wrong last time...or you didn't get any taller)
28.9 pounds
At 15 months old, you are searching in every direction for a car to point at and tell us about. I would have to say this has been your favorite word since "hi". You find cars EVERYWHERE!!! You have really found your speaking voice this month, and try to mimic what we are talking about. You really like to please us, and we always make a big deal about it when you say something, clap or wave at someone, or just make good choices. We think this makes you want to do the right thing...which we appreciate, because we know that in a matter of moments that desire to please us could be gone!
You do, however, still have your stubborn moments. Most of those moments revolve around one of two things...your 'mi-mi' (or bink) and/or your lambie. We are trying, diligently, to make you leave both of these items in your crib when you wake up, but you have figured this out. When we come in to pick you up from your nap, or in the morning, you immediately reach down to grab your lambie...with a death grip. You also clench your teeth around your bink, and I don't want to be responsible for pulling your first baby teeth. So, we are running into tantrums. There are times where you go to the side of your crib, reach in as far as you can, or sit at the edge whining "mi-mi, mi-mi, mi-mi". It will be interesting to see where we are with this in a few months.
Speaking of mi-mi and lambie, you are sleeping through the night more than you are not, which has been nice. We have to wake you up to go to work/aunt Erika's house most mornings. You have become a champion napper, again. You are taking a (much needed) morning nap every day, and an afternoon nap, too. It is pretty much a 9:00am and 1:00pm situation, so the day can be planned around it. You still love to fall asleep in the car, so if we need to run errands, I just bring you inside and you keep sleeping :) THANK YOU for this gift!!
You are almost always in a good mood, with a smile on your face. I think that your increasing vocabulary, and communication skills (in general), have made some of your frustrations a little less tantrum-worthy. I think that your best communication, so far, came last month. You have said "mama" for a while, but you don't always use it correctly. You ALWAYS called dad, "dada". I had been gone most of the weekend. You were snuggling up for bed with dad when I got home, and you leaned towards me, reached for me, and said "mama." It was one of my favorite days...totally worth the wait! Now you wave when I leave, and say bye-bye mama, just as much as you do dada. I think you could sense how much I LOVE when you call me mama.
You are growing up so fast, little man! When someone hasn't seen you in a couple weeks, or even a month, they are amazed at the new words you know, or the new things that you can do. We are amazed daily at you, and can't believe that we get to be your parents!
Love,
Mom (and Dad, too).
No comments:
Post a Comment