Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Harrison- Week 43






Weekly Photo Story:
Harrison is getting near IMPOSSIBLE to photograph with Rafiki. He would prefer to eat his hair, and flail him around like a caveman. He gets hysterical when I take him out of the closet (where he has to hide between photos, or Harry would cry for him and chew all his hair off). So, I will do my best, but the last weeks of the year may be filled with solo shots and really bad monkey-hair-eating pictures.

We have finally found some sippy cups that Harrison will actually use!! We met for a birthday lunch with Leah, Alex and Grace, and he tried one of their sippies and he loved it. Go figure, the take-and-toss, $3 for 5 cups, would be what he likes. I was also given some advice to take the spill-proof valve out of the sippies that we already had until Harrison learned that water comes out when you tip it. By the end of the week, he was a sippy cup pro. (Need photos)

We took a little break from ECFE this week, and hoped to focus on Harrison's first swimming lesson. Sadly, the pool had to be closed the day of his first swim lesson, so stay tuned. Since I had so much extra time on my hands (O.K., maybe two extra hours), I organized Harry's clothes. He has outgrown almost all 12 month clothing, and his drawers are now full of 12-18 month, and 18 month clothing. Though I was sad to pack yet another size away, it was really fun to start unpacking shorts, short-sleeve shirts and summer gear!

This week, Harrison used furniture and his 'lawn mower' to move from one end of the house to the other walking. He can stand still, balanced, for longer than he would like to think. If you distract him. If he knows that he is standing on his own, he plops down and crawl away. I think that walking, on his own, is still at least a month away.

"THE" sippy cup.



Harrison will pick peas out of anything we mix them in with, and eat them first!! A true win for me, as Bryan is not a fan of peas but I love them.


Harry helped Bryan move the crib down to the lowest level. I also banished the pack and play (temporarily) because my OCD was going nuts with so much in Harry's room.


Harry LOVES to empty his toy bins from the shelf. But, he REALLY LOVES it when I let him take out all the DVD's from the entertainment center. Luckily, he has not figured out how to open them up!


On the move.


Harrison enjoys digging through the condiments looking for s new snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment