Thursday, February 3, 2011

Harrison- Week 37


Things in the Gregory house are much calmer this week. Harrison has settled back into somewhat of a routine, and a much happier camper. The highlight of the week was the first annual Father-Son Groundhog's Day hang out fest! Bryan took work off on Wednesday, Groundhog's Day, for some time with Harrison. I can see them making an annual event of the day.

This past weekend was packed full! On Saturday miss Mary (and Aunt Jill) and cousin Jeremiah came to visit before the Car Club party that evening. The annual Car Club party is a great time, but it was so different to be there with an 8 month old. I feel like I did not get to talk to, or see, everyone that I had hoped to. Welcome to parenting!
On Sunday, we walked for a few hours at Ikea and the Mall of America (just to get out of the house, but stay out of the cold). As usual, Harrison was a trooper for all of our weekend adventures.

Last week, we started ECFE classes in the school district that we live in. It is so much different then the early mommy and me classes, where the babies just slept or stayed put for the entire class. This is a class full of movers and shakers (6-11 month olds) with lots if new and interesting things to explore! Bryan and I are both attending classes, so it is something fun for us to do as a family during the chilly winter months. The only challenging part of this is the time of the class, from 6:15-7:45. Harrison is barely done eating and then we stay past his bed time. He has been O.K. at class, but does get needy at about 7:15ish and wants nothing to do with the helpers in the room. Consequently, he gets to hang with us during 'parent time'. I am hoping (as I think Bryan is, too) that he gets more comfortable in his surroundings there and enjoys his time...even if he is a little tired.

Harrison started to become REALLY vocal this week. It almost seems like he is screaming (OK, he is screaming, but I don't think that he means to). He has really started to enjoy eating again. Which sounds like a pretty basic thing, but he had perfected the act of refusing food over the past couple weeks. We are happy to get our generally cheerful boy back, and now realize how crummy he really has been feeling. We are praying for a healthier late winter/early spring!

Playing!!


Sticking out his tounge...new favorite thing.

Tugging on strings (even if they are attached to mom) another favorite thing.

The toys have taken over!!


While I was cleaning one day, I needed a little boy who would stay put in a safe area for about 20 minutes. So, Harrison made funny faces at me through the side of his Pack and Play.




The progression of crawling...in 4 pictures.

Harry has really started to like playing with the Bongo drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment