Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Silas- 2 and 2.1 Years (24 and 25 Months)


2 Years- February 26th-March 25th
2.1 Years- March 26th- April 25th


Silas-

It is hard to believe that I am writing to you the evening of your second birthday.  I wish I could slow down the clock, and pause for just a few years for both you and your brother. Things are moving so fast, and there is no exception with the speed and quickness you have picked up all the things that have transformed you from a baby to a toddler.

You are a talker. We were at your 2-year appointment and the doctor came in to do his thing. You were busy under his exam table, narrating non-stop about what your truck was going to do when you pushed the red triangle.  You pushed the triangle button, the truck backed up across the room and you passed the doctor and nonchalantly threw up your hand and said “Hi, Doctor” as you chased your truck to the inevitable crash into the wall.  Then, you picked it up and brought it to the doctor to tell him all about it. His comment was, “Well, we are not worried, at all, about his speech.” We would agree.

Your ‘stats’ at your 2-year appointment looked like this:
Height: (I think it was way off- this was the first time you stood up for your height)
Weight:
Head: *****************


You are into car, trucks and trains. Pretty much anything with wheels you are happy to play with for HOURS (hence you had a truck at your doctors appointment) You have an incredible attention span when you have something that you like. It is not uncommon for you to play with one thing for 30 minutes or more, and an hour is not out of the question. You love to lay on the floor, so you can get right in on the action, and you don’t care if that floor is at Target, at home or at a restaurant. You also LOVE to sing! I can’t tell you how many songs you can sing now- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, BaBa Black Sheep, Wheels on the Bus, London Bridge is Falling Down, BINGO, Old MacDonald, and many more I can’t remember right now.  Your favorite video right now, and the video that made our fight to Arizona a peaceful, is an hour-long nursery rhyme video I downloaded on a whim. Seems like you have heard it enough to know the words and melody to the songs!

You can be heard humming tunes from your favorite nursery rhymes, and you are typically on tune (which makes this mama so happy). You also like to sing songs you learn at ECFE with your friends, or from hourly childcare at Calvary. You love going to church to play with kids on my day off. They tell me that you are super kind, and always delightful. It is so nice to hear that others see the calm, kind kiddo that we see every day.

We LOVE you to the moon and back, our tow-year old,
Mom (and Dad and Harrison, too).


** Other notables from this time frame:

As we sit down for dinner every night, Silas will often sit down and ask "How you guys doin?"He will ask each of us separately and wait for our answer before he can move onto eating. He is a little less picky these days about what he eats. He is willing to try new things, and often likes the new things he tries. I hope he is always so willing, but I fear that his threes may bring us more stubborness. Perhaps not, too.

Silas has started saying things in a "growly" voice. He will ask us for something, or sing, in a voice that sounds like a miniature monster. It is hysterical, until he does it at an inappropriate time (such as the middle of the children's sermon at church).

Since recieving his Truck Cozy Coupe as a birthday present, he has been perfecting how to trick riding his very own little Blue Truck! Watch out, World! As for little blue truck, he is still obsessed with those books, which we love because they are fairly short books from his list of favorites before bed.






















Silas: "Mom, I need somewhere to put my tools"
Me: Ok, I'll get your apron"


Me: "Why are you crying?"
Silas: "I don't want my tools in my pocket" 
Really, kid? 





"Rat Face" 







"Mini Me"






Minnesota Zoo Day!







No comments:

Post a Comment