
January 26th- February 25th: Silas is becoming a 2-year old a little more everyday. We have heard "I do it" more times than I can count, and I am sure we will continue to see/hear his independence peek through over the next couple year (or decades). As challenging as the age 2 can be, I think it has to be one of my favorite ages :)
Food: Silas likes a lot of different foods. He is, however, reluctant to try almost anything new. This puts us in the sometimes odd predicament of force feeding him things we know he will love and acting like we are crazy people who can live without that yummy food that he has in his mouth. This song and dance almost always ends in Silas agreeing that is is really YUMMY. It would be a lot easier if he would just try the food on his own.
Lodging: Silas has a definite sleep routine. Pajamas and lavender essential oils, bottle of milk and then we read books and sing songs and lay him down with one of 4 acceptable blankets. He has been trying to S---T---R--E--T--C--H-- this routine out as long as possible. We feel it is really important to read before bed, and Silas feels that it is really important to a.) choose the books he reads, b.) decide how many books is enough, and c.) SING! So, we are working on pairing down the routine.
Transportation: After our trip to Arizona, we did turn Silas' car seat around (at 23 months, so a little early). He has LOVED his new view of the world, and he tells me all about the things outside his window, now.
Communication: Speaking of speaking, Silas is speaking a TON! He sings songs, he narrates his activities, he holds conversations with us, he is a talker! I think it has been most fun to watch him communicating with Harrison. They talk a lot more together now when they are playing. Silas does still call him "bruddah (brother)", even though he can say Harry, which I love.
Entertainment: We took out the play dough, puzzles, Bristle blocks and Mega blocks, as well as any other indoor toys we could think of to keep these boys busy during the end of the winter. Luckily, they play nicely together 90% of the time, so that makes anything Harrison will touch an automatic best toy in Silas' book.
"I hate getting bundled up when all I want to do is just go outside"
Building at Home Depot. Safety glasses were obviously a must!
We have been enjoying our Children's Museum Membership. Especially when we need a break at the Mall of America :)
Pink color bath water. Too Fun!
The boys spent an hour exploring all the rooms at IKEA!
Mama snuggles with his favorite blanket!
Chipotle crazy boy + crazy independent toddler = messy rice eating






















No comments:
Post a Comment