Saturday, May 18, 2013

Harrison- 2.11 Years (35 Months)


April 14th- May 15th: It is officially the month leading up to Harry's Birthday. For months, he has been telling everyone who will listen that his birthday is May 14. He has been picking out things to put on his birthday list for months, too. I have been trying to teach him the months, so he can understand that April comes before May, and stop asking if it is his birthday yet! I know that, too, that one day his level of excitement will likely decrease for his birthday, so we are soaking it up!

Food: Not much new...same kid, same appetite. People are still shocked that he is unwilling to eat things like pizza, and hamburgers (which I feel like, for better or worse, are kid favorites). I am still SHOCKED that he is not a fan of hamburgers, because I ate more of those the 9 months while pregnant with him than during the rest of my life!
Harrison has become more independent. So, we put together snack containers in the fridge and the cupboard. These bins have mom-approved snacks when Harry needs a little something, so that we do not have a whining fit about it for 10 minutes :)

Lodging: Harrison has been a STAR sleeper. He has stayed over at both of the grandparents, and has even had some experience "carpet camping".  I am happy that his early sleeping habits do not seem to have followed him into his toddler/preschool years!

Communication: Harrison has a HUG vocabulary. There are, at least, three nights a week when he is talking to Bryan and I at dinner where we look at each other with a, "where did he learn that word" look. Luckily, it has not been any bad language, but it has been different than what we typically talk about. He is ALWAYS listening, and rarely forgets anything you tell him, especially if it has something to do with him!
Most recently, he has started to tell me from the backseat of the car, "mommy, talk to me," like he is bored and needs to talk about something. When something frustrating happens (like a chair gets broken from playing cowboys', or a cup of milk goes air born, only to be met by gravity...and mommy), he will say "you cant be mad with me!". His intuition with how people are feeling is almost always dead-on!

Apparel: Sandals, shorts and t-shirts, Oh My!!! I have been EXTREMELY nervous to take out any summer gear, for fear that it will cause a May blizzard this year in our fine state of Minnesota. One particularly hot and sunny day (the only one in about 40 days), I finally bit the bullet and made the clothing swap. Of course, we still need jeans and sweatshirts, but I figured it is May...its time.
I was surprised to find that Harry has not grown that much from last summer (according to how his summer gear fits). I had to pack away about half the clothes I had bought, and hope that they will fit him next year. Harrison has definite opinions about what he wants to wear. Now when shopping, he has a "style" of things that he prefers... and the best part is that it is usually pretty dapper!

Transportation: Nothin' new.

Entertainment: Aunt Erika and uncle Kevin have a new Baby, Carson. So, Harrison has been spending his days with Jody, both Grandma's, grandpa Jon and Kristen (Andon's mom). It has been such a blessing to find people that I completely trust to watch him while Erika was on "maternity leave". Harrison has enjoyed the time with different people, but often talks about missing Jeremiah, since he was used to seeing him almost everyday. We will have to make play dates this summer :)
Harry has been using his imagination to build things for his cars, and create stories to go with the toys that he plays with, especially after the winter we have had. It has been so much fun to watch his personality really start showing through. He is very inventive and detail-oriented. Much to his mothers delight, he also likes to make sure things go back where he got them from. YEAH!!!!


We went to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate Jeremiah's 3rd birthday with Bryan's family. It was such a great time, and the boys went home worn out!






Grandma and grandpa are REALLY good at Ski-ball!














We took a trip to the Arboretum for a picnic and outdoor adventure on Mother's Day. Its starting to look like spring...kinda :)












Loved the yellow flowers. Not much else was blooming- just a few trees and bushes.









Harry is "learning" to smile at the camera. Sometimes he just says "cheese" and stares off into outer space, but other times I can get a good shot.





Making some homemade granola bars- YUMMY!



One of those "cheese" photos I was talking about :)





Big boy on his bike with training wheels!!!



Then, he switched to running the Strider into things. I really hope that future children like this bike better than he occasionally does.

No comments:

Post a Comment