Saturday, January 19, 2013

Harrison- 2.7 Years Old (31 Months)


There will be a separate Christmas post with photos...there are just TOO MANY TO POST!!!

December 14th- January 13th: 'TIS THE SEASON!!! I spent the better half of this winter trying desperately to convince Harrison that there was more to Christmas than santa, and elves, and trees. FINALLY, a breakthrough!!! When I ask him whose birthday we celebrate on Christmas, he answers Jesus. He can tell me a little about the story of his birth, so I consider this a small win. Of course, he is also focused on the Monster Truck Lightning McQueen that he really hopes Santa is going to bring him, too. Like I said....small win.

Food: I cannot remember anything big that is happening in this area. I guess no news is good news.

Transportation: Not a whole lot new. He is happy to run, jump, and hop- same as always.

Lodging: Harrison is back to LOVING sleep. He used to always get so excited to go to sleep. It did not matter if he was napping, or sleeping for the night. He would roll over with a grin on his face, put his lambie to his ear, find a mimi and snuggle in to SLEEP!!! He has been taking 2-3 hour naps, consistently, and quickly got over coming out to check on us after we put him to bed. We appreciate that we have time to get things done at almost the same time every night, even if it is just to catch up on the most recent list on our DVR.

Communication: Harrison has developed a little bit of a stutter. I think he is thinking so fast that his mouth can't catch up to him. That, or he can't think of, or does not know, the words that he wants to use to explain something. This started the same time that he started to talk a lot LOUDER than usual. So, on any given day, you will hear Harrison loudly repeating "I, I, I, I, I, I...." over and over again. As much as I can understand that he is probably frustrated, too, I am hoping that one of these new communication skills has changed by the next time I post...

Entertainment: Well, Christmas was SO good to all of us! Harrison ended up with an embarrassment of riches so vast that we took some gifts and put them away for a rainy day when all of the "newness" has worn off a few of his other gifts (which might even be the case by the time I post this). I am so glad that Bryan and I decided to start a gift-giving tradition with our family of 1 thing you want, 1 thing you need, 1 thing you wear and 1 thing you read. We hope that this will help Harrison ask for more than the latest toy, or electronic gadget (or at least prioritize what is MOST important) and focus on things that he might need (which I think we often forget can be gifts, too).

In keeping with the Christmas bounty theme, Harrison has been playing with his Monster Trucks and trampoline (from Santa), his kitchen (from grandma and grandpa B) and listening to his new music and riding his pony-on-a-stick (from grandma and grandpa G). Of course, he received other gifts, too, but these tend to be his favorites as of today.

 Reading letters from the cousins.



 Harry and Bryan went to see the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train one evening.








We baked Sugar Cookies, Gingerbread Cookies, Kringla and Peanut Blossoms this year. Then, I had the boys help frost some of the cookies, too.







Harrison had a habit of frosting a cookies, then eating it. So, he did not put frosting on very many cookies :)




Tall towers!



A sneak peek Christmas as Grandma and Grandpa B's house!


I had to post Harry's first Santa experience! Here are the presents that he was left from the big man ;)



All he wanted from Santa was a monster truck Lightning McQueen...just look at his eyes!!


All the monster trucks lined up out of the package.


 Once again, we had the cousins on Bryan's side (minus Jeremiah) meet at his aunts house to have a play date! It is so much fun to see the differences in the boys from last year to this year. Next year there will be a shift, as at least one girl will be joining the festivities.






The boys played so hard that the treats that aunt Kathy gave them just the little bit of energy needed to make it through the night!




 


We visited with the great-grandparents over Christmas, too (see more photos in the Christmas section). This was my favorite book at my grandparents house growing up. Harrison loved it, too. So much so that I ordered it on Amazon while we were sitting there.











Sledding at Grandma and Grandpa G's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment