July 14th-August 13th: Harrison has been such a big helper this month!! We have been working on a lot of projects in our house, and he has been more than happy to lend a hand (sometimes in a helpful way). Both Harry and I are enjoying that I am home for the summer. If we could just get the weather to cool down, we could spend more of our summer outdoors. Until then, we will continue to spend our time outside in the early morning hours or in the water!
Food: Same stuff, different day. Some days he loves something,
other days he hates it. He is always,
and I think will forever be, a big fan of milk. So, if he will not eat, I can
count on him at least drinking some milk.
Lodging: Harry has been much better at staying in bed. We have a
little different bedtime routine, which usually includes Harrison talking us
into one more book (Go Dog Go, or Little Blue Truck are favorites this month),
and another round of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star (with Jesus Loves the Little Children a close second). I would be
willing to sing the most annoying song on earth if he would just stay in his
bed and sleep all night.
Transportation: In the past month, we have spent more time on the driveway
exploring the various wheeled ride-on toys that we have come to possess. We
also finally broke down and bought a power-wheels like 4-wheeler (in green to
match uncle Eric’s). The first day we gave it to Harry, we came to the
realization that he does not know how to, and does not care to, steer the
machine at all. He likes to run it into something and get off and turn in
around, then run it into something again. I told him to get all the crashing
into objects with vehicles out of his system now.
Communication: Not much new. We are still given the play-by-play, every
day…ALL DAY LONG!!!
Entertainment: I mentioned earlier, but it is worth mentioning again that
it was HOT this past month! I think there were 19 days over 90’. ICK!!!
Harrison was in agreement with me that it was too hot to be outside unless we
were at the pool or the beach. So, we visited the zoo, the aquarium, movie
theater, library, Target, anywhere that we could get out and avoid the heat at
the same time. We made a lot of park trips at 7am (before it would heat up).
Surprisingly, we were the only ones there most of the time. I am pretty sure
that we don not have the only early-riser in the universe.
Harry would love to spend the entire day watching movies,
and explaining that it is not O.K. to watch movies all day to a 2-year old can
be interesting. So, I decided that right after lunch would be movie time. I
loved snuggling up with him on the couch to watch Toy Story 3 for the 27th
time. It did made nap time that much easier on days where we had been inside
and out of the heat.
One 100' day in the fine state of Minnesota, I gave Harrison a tray of flour to dig in with his cars and trucks. He was distracted for over an hour....then we cleaned up.
These have got to the be the most adorable markers!!! Another hot-day coloring session.
BINGO DOBBERS = Amazing!!! Harrison is not a very big fan of doing anything art-related for a very long period of time (much to his mama's dismay). So, I was surprised when the dobbers lasted about 20 minutes.
Bribery- I will cut your sandwich into dinosaur shapes so that you think it is a much more amazing thing than it really is.
The smoothie obsession continues.
We met the the cousins from Rochester in the middle of our house and theirs to have a play date. It was a hot day, so the splash pad was a perfect idea. To make it even better, a local church was serving hot dogs for lunch, and entertained us with their worship band.
Reading with Grandpa.
Painting Harry's new big-boy bed!!!
Sitting on the couch with great-grandpa and great-grandma. I wish he had been looking, but the movie was far too exciting off to the left.
There is a fantastic playground in Montevideo. So, when we go to visit we always try and hit it up.
Jeremiah and Harrison pretending to both take a nap in Harry's bed.
We went to the zoo one day. I thought it was really funny that the boys REALLY loved looking inside the pig or the cow to see what was inside (aka-what comes from those animals). Hmmmm... I guess I am glad they do not do this with all the animals at the zoo.
The boys were not too sure what they thought of the dinosaurs at the zoo. They did, however, love the giant T-rex puzzle at the end.
Good Morning Mama!!
Harry was a big helper as we worked on his playroom, and new bedroom. Here he is "painting" everything but the wall!!
What Harry would like to do in the pool ALL DAY!!! YUCK!
Master of the hose!!!
Oh, the hot days of July!!! Harrison spent HOURS in the pool. It was about the only time you could get him to go in the backyard.












No comments:
Post a Comment