July 14th- August 13th: So, I promised myself (and a few of you) that I would post his 14 month post on time. I think I kept up my end of the bargain! It has been another great month. The last few photos from our trip to South Dakota will be on a separate post, otherwise you can catch up on our busy boy below!
Food: This month Harry is obsessed with cottage cheese! I even let him try and eat it with his hands a few times. He gets down to the last few "bits" and pinches them up before touching anything else on his plate. We also started to put meals on a plate or in a bowl, which he loves. It only took a few dropped plates to understand that is not an acceptable way to announce that "I'm done". Harrison would like to use a spoon, but is not coordinated enough yet. We still let him practice.
Lodging: Not much new to report. He is sleeping well at night, only waking up a few nights a week for a quick soaked diaper change and back to bed. After vacation, mom and dad caved a few nights and gave him a bottle at 4am to coax him back into the routine, but he got over that quickly (and there was no way we were waking up at that hour).
Communication: We can tell that Harry wants to learn new words. He is watching and listening when we talk and point things out. The difficult part is deciphering which "Harry word" means which "human word". He really got the idea of bye-bye this month, full on with the wave (sometimes a double wave) and everything. He goes to the door when I say go bye-bye, or waves when someone is leaving. He will get/find things that you ask for, like his bink, lambie, or baba, which has been helpful when he hides things!!
As for new words, as best I can tell the most used are tractor, truck and car. They are usually used interchangeably, but still fairly accurate. I am sure there are more...
Transportation: We have learned to full on RUN!! It is usually in a direction that we want, however Harry is testing his limits and has learned the meaning of the word 'no', even if he pretends to forget it! I would say he is busy, and a lot of others who know him would say so, too!
Apparel: I think my favorite outfit right now is the muscle shirt and athletic shorts. This is a big deal because when I was shopping last year for this summer, with an itty-bitty baby, I said, "Yuck, who would put their 1-year-old in that?" Well, this chicka would! He looks like such a little man, and it is funny how you catch yourself doing that which you said you would never do...ahhh parenting.
Entertainment: Trucks are the newest thing on the "must-have" list. Little trucks, big trucks, plastic trucks, wood trucks, dump trucks, pick-up trucks, any trucks!! He has recently decided that he loves tractors even more! He points at tractors in books and says trator- SO CUTE!!! He is still a fan of anything with a handle, including his new golf clubs from the Ellingson's. We had to take the golf balls away, though, as he thought they would be fun to eat. So, he has not practiced his swing just yet.



Driving Daddy's car. You can even see him "vrooming" with his mouth as he drives!
No comments:
Post a Comment