Saturday, July 4, 2015

Harrison- Age 4.7-5.1 (January- June)


 

Harrison-

You have grown up SO MUCH this past year. I can remember looking back at the photos people would post side-by-side of the first day of preschool vs. the last day of preschool, and thinking how much those babies had grown up. Well, you, my first baby, have truly grown into a little boy over the past year.

You are so funny!! I can't tell you how many people tell me how great your sense of humor is, and how witty you are. This is one of your best qualities, and the reason that your teachers (Miss Risha, Mrs. Laurie and Ms. Chantell) have loved having you in class this year. Speaking of class, you are in full day preschool, 3-days-per-week, at the school I teach at, Sunset Hill. It has been so good for this mama's heart to drive you to and from school and sneak hugs, or even lunch, with you throughout the day. My students have even made it a game to "spy Harrison" by catching you in the halls or with your class. Ms. Chantell is impressed at how much you have grown-up over the last year, too. You are a different kiddo than you were in September. The one thing that has not changed is how sensitive you are. You are genuinely concerned for people, and want to do things that make people happy. I would say this is another one of your great qualities.

You are LEARNING SO MUCH!! You often want to play the counting game in the car, where we alternate counting from 1-100 together. Towards the end of the year, you got really interested in learning letter sounds and how they come together to make words. You have started reading sight words, and I think real books are only a few weeks away. We even bought some BOB books this past week to start looking at over the summer. You are really hard to keep on task, right now, when it comes to school work, so I am hoping that your endurance grows over the years :)

Speaking of school, I can't believe you are going to be in Kindergarten next year. Your dad and I decided that we are going to take our kids (you being the first) on solo trips the summer before Kindergarten starts. I got to take you to visit Heidi and Dave (and Charlotte and Hazel) in Charleston, South Carolina. I will always cherish the memories that we got build, just you and mom. If anything, you showed me (and told me over and over) that you think South Carolina would be a pretty cool place to live. I would have to agree.

You did miss home while we were gone, and asked more than once about what I thought Silas was doing. You are such an amazing big brother. I can't get over the love you have for Silas. You make sure that he has everything he needs, and make sure to tell us when he does not. You play with him, and show him your world. I hope that this bond continues as you grow up.

Harrison, you are our first view into this new world of a 5-year-old. Heck, you get to be the first at most things. We can only hope that your siblings watch you as they grow. We are so proud of the little boy you are becoming.

Love, Mom (and Dad, too)

January










Some photos from our trip to Arizona!

February






Working on some Valentines :)


Storybook character day at mom's school and Silas' 1st Birthday!



March

 Harrison had traveling bear from school for the week, so here are his adventures: Daycare at auntie Ericka's, overnight at Grandma ad Grandpa's, Kindergarten night at his new school, playing Sorry, a bagel breakfast and a trip to Home Depot.







 Mom got brave, and I now cut all three boys' hair! Salon Gregory is now open.

 St. Patricks Day at school!



April




We made a few different kinds of Easter Eggs this year. 











 Easter fell on Bryan's birthday this year, so we had double celebrations!












May



 Mother's Day!




 Happy 5th Birthday!!









 For his birthday, we went to the Mall of America for dinner and rides.

















We made some Sponge Bob and Squidward cupcakes.



 Memorial Day cleaning off graves of "our guys" at the cemetary.














Harrison had 5 friends over for his 5th birthday party. It was LEGO-tastic!

WE NEED TO GET SOME PICTURES FROM THE COUSINS BIRTHDAY PARTY- I DON'T KNOW HOW I DON'T HAVE ANY!!!

End of the School Year- PreK













June



 





















 We met Silas' ECFE friends at the Elm Creek Beach for one sunny, hot, June morning.






 T-Ball = a time to eat dirt in the outfield. Yup.




 FIRST LOST TOOTH!






















Trip to South Carolina

















































No comments:

Post a Comment